Monday 19 December 2011

ULTIMATUM!

So I asked my Dad what he was planning on getting me for Christmas.
I proposed that instead of getting me a present, he should let me buy his Wii of him or give me the Sega Master System which no one uses anymore.
Seriously, it just sits there at the family beach house gathering dust, it's got some awesome games too!

Dad decided no, that wouldn't work. But he offered me another idea.

Now, anyone who knows me will know I swing radically between sloth like untidy-ness to OCD-esque categorising and organising of my things.

Dad offered me this ultimatum: If I can keep my floor clear and my turtle tank water crystal clear for the next few times he visits my flat, he will buy me a brand new Wii bundle in my choice of colour.
AAAAAH! Sweet merciful nerdfighter!
That's a pretty good deal.

Last time Dad made an ultimatum it cost him $3000. He said if I didn't smoke before my 21st he would pay me $3000. I'm now 22 and have never touched a cigarette. Great Success.

So I am currently in the middle of tidying my bedroom.
I can barely see the floor.
But this means progress!

My wardrobe is now organised! dresses-skirts-shirts-random-jackets-uniform-costumes.
My books are finding their way onto the bookshelf in my wardrobe. I threw a bunch of old paper into the recycling and put a few items up on freecycle.org in the hopes they will find new homes.
Some of my nicer ornaments will be going on Trademe so I can pay my electric bill this month.

Oooh! While I was cleaning my Doctor Who vhs bundle arrived, yay!

Right, back to it then. Hopefully by my next blogpost I'll have kept to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment